Our Mission and Vision
In the spirit of the scholarship and activism that were promoted by W.E.B. DuBois and Ralph Johnson Bunche the DuBois Bunche Center for Public Policy was founded to empower and cultivate the work of a new generation of scholar activists and advocates dedicated to identifying progressive solutions to the challenges confronting Urban Communities throughout the African Diaspora. The DuBois Bunche Center accomplishes this economic and social justice mission through:
- Scholarly Research
- The identification of emerging trends, issues and best practices in public policy;
- The organization of roundtables, forums and conferences to connect policy makers with governmental and non-governmental actors;
- The formulation of laws, public policies, programs, and community covenants that advance progressive change;
- The dissemination of research and public opinion via academic journals, traditional media and new media outlets; and
- The cultivation and empowerment of a new generation of scholar activists and advocates in the tradition of Dr. DuBois and Dr. Bunche.